Home > Kumar's Curries & Bumbu's
An authentic Indian curry for fish lovers, made with spices such as mustard seed, fenugreek and turmeric. These ingredients together with roasted coconut, lemongrass and coconut milk make this curry the perfect addition to almost any kind of fish. See below for shopping list and cooking instructions.
Allergen and dietary advice: gluten free, nut free. Suitable for vegetarian diets. Not suitable for vegan diets.
Madras Fish - serves 3-4
• 500g firm white fish (cod, haddock, sea bass, or monkfish etc.)
• 700g mixed vegetables (Beansprouts and cherry tomatoes, green cabbage or bag of ready-to-cook
stir-fry vegetables, approx. 700 g)
• 4 tablespoons sunflower oil or olive oil
• 1 garlic clove (crushed)
• salt and pepper
• 200g rice
• 200g plain yoghurt (for a milder flavour)
1. Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet.
2. Halve the cherry tomatoes or slice the green cabbage into strips about ½ cm wide. Cut the fish into 2 cm cubes.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or frying pan and fry the fish on all sides over a high heat for about 1½ minutes. Now add the pot of Madras Fish Curry. Turn down the heat, place the lid on the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. While the fish is cooking, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or frying pan and stir-fry the vegetables together with the crushed garlic clove, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve the vegetables, rice, yoghurt and Madras Fish Curry separately.
Customers who bought this item also bought:
Be the first to Write a Review for this item!