Home > Kumar's Curries & Bumbu's
An Indonesian bumbu with a sweet and sour, creamy taste, generously flavoured with turmeric and kaffir lime leaves, together with coconut milk and gula djawa (palm sugar). Ideal with chicken or beef cut into strips. See below for shopping list and cooking instructions.
Allergen and dietary advice: gluten free, nut free. Not suitable for vegetarian or vegan diets.
Besengek - serves 3-4
• 500g meat: chicken breast or beef cut into strips
• 700g mixed vegetables: peppers, French beans and/or baby corn (or bag of ready-to-cook stir-fry
vegetables, approx. 700g)
• 4 tablespoons sunflower oil or olive oil
• 1 garlic clove (crushed)
• salt and pepper
• 200g rice
1. Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet.
2. Trim and halve the French beans. Slice the pepper into strips and halve the baby corn lengthwise. Cut the meat into 2cm cubes.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or frying pan and fry the meat on all sides over a high heat for about 1½ minutes. Now add the pot of Besengek. Turn down the heat, place the lid on the pan and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until the meat is tender.
4. While the meat is cooking, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or frying pan and
stir-fry the vegetables together with the crushed garlic clove, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve the vegetables, rice and Besengek separately.
Customers who bought this item also bought:
Be the first to Write a Review for this item!